June 22, 2011

Kentucky Derby

Last Friday, we had my mother-in-law's 50th birthday party.  Since she loves themed parties, we decided to throw her a Kentucky Derby themed event at the racetracks.  It was quite the event, with everyone dressed in their Derby attire, from floppy hats to feathers and fedoras.  I had a blast designing the invitation for the party, and started with this as my inspiration:

Then, to avoid confusion, I also included "suggested attire", and found pictures for everyone's inspiration:




{images above via KentuckyDerby.com}

1 comment:

  1. Hi Krystal! What a great idea for a party! I bet it was a lot of fun! I am dying for some of my friends to get back from their summer holidays so I can throw some kind of themed party! So nice to see another Edmonton blogger! Have a great week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete