January 14, 2011

Style at Home: 25 Favorite Interiors

Since yesterday's post was about an article from Style at Home magazine and featured an Ikea kitchen, I was going to blog about how amazing an Ikea kitchen can actually be....but that will have to wait for another post.  Instead, I came across their 25 Favorite Interiors of 2010 and I thought I'd share with you my favorites of those (I ended up loving more than expected, so there might be a few pictures....)
This dressing room is my absolute favorite.  Maybe because I dream that one day I will have a house large enough to have a room solely dedicated to my morning primping.  Afterall, I do need a lot of storage space for my plentiful array of Escada perfumes (can't choose just one), my professional hair product stock (as my hairstylist sister in law has moved out of the country for a year, I had to stock up on supplies!), my make up, blowdryer, flat iron, curling iron, etc etc... you get the point...there's a lot of "stuff"!!!

I think I'm so drawn to this one because it reminds me of one of my favorite bathrooms (again, by Sarah Richardson...found here).  I love the tile, the clean lines, the modern vanity, and the wall sconces....

If I were to live in a loft, this is how I'd want it to be, urban & rustic!! I love the exposed natural brick!

I love tufting and nailhead studs...and this headboard has both!! Not to mention the bed has one of my favorite colors (purple!), and yet isn't oververtly "girly".

I like this bathroom simply for the fact that it shows that you really can put a chandelier anywhere...

I love the bold striped wallpaper, and the additional storage.  I think I may want to steal the little ladder idea when we go to finish our basement bath!

I'm not normally all for the traditional look, but one traditional element I do LOVE (and can be mixed with modern elements -- such as this blue wall color) is wainscoting.  If we had walls that defined our entrance or dining area (where we could "stop" the wainscoting), we'd be all over this in our house!

Again, I'm not all for traditional stuff, but one place to do it (and do it all out!) is in the dining room. The wall panels look AMAZING and add a touch of class and elegance to any room.

A combination of white, tufting AND nailheads?!? Are you kidding me?!?! This just shouts my name!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment