January 5, 2011

Where do you find the time??

I have so many ideas for the house, but I just don't know where people find the time to do all their DIY projects....do you?  I suppose now that the holidays are over, I'll have a few more free weekends.  And with baseball season not starting 'til spring, I suppose I'll have more time during the week as well....just gotta do what I can after suppers!!  These are but a few ideas I've had for awhile now of what I want to do around the house....yes, there are only 2 ideas, but I have to start small, right? They're large enough projects as it is...not to mention, my hubby mentioned another project I could take on last night (painting my makeup desk -- an old computer desk --), but that wouldn't be able to happen 'til spring anyways (seeing as we don't have a garage and it's too cold to spray paint it outside!). 

First, I'm not a fan of our existing foyer light. It's gross. Hideous.  Builders standard. Bleh.  So, instead of spending a fortune on a new light fixture, why not make my own? Jen at Made by Girl did....and it's gorgeous!! I absolutely LOVE it. It's something that you don't see just anywhere.  And it cost her around $50....Maybe I've mentioned this before....I forget!!  Of course, mine would probably have to be a slightly smaller version (maybe around the 2ft diameter size....)
{image via Made by Girl}



{image via Made by Girl}

{image via Made by Girl}

{image via Made by Girl}

The other project I've wanted to take on for awhile has been to do a wallpaper feature wall in our master bedroom.  Unfortunately, my hubby is quite against it (and says that I must install it myself, as well as remove it if we don't like it....).  I recently came across another project that would be a little easier to recover if we didn't like it.... and, a little more price friendly as well.  I received A Little Lovely's newsletter last week, and in it she recapped her projects throughout the year.  She used a stencil to create a feature wall....isn't it amazing? Wouldn't it be perfect? And with all the paint we have downstairs, I'm sure I could do it for the mere cost of the stencil ($40 ish).... what do you think?  I even checked out the stencil site here and love the pattern she chose the best...


{images via A Little Lovely}

Anyone want to help me complete these projects?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment