January 19, 2011

Tree Hotel

Although I took architecture in school (architectural technology, technically...), I could not imagine myself as an actual Architect.  For one, I LOVE houses too much (and you don't have to be an architect to design houses!!), and two, I don't think I'm THAT crazy of an "out of the box" thinker!! For example, I'd like to introduce to you the Tree Hotel, located in northern Sweden and designed by Tham & Videgard Arkitekter.  Could YOU have thought of this?!?!?


This mirrored glass box (4x4x4 meters cube [13x13x13 ft])suspends around the trunk of a tree and is accessed by a rope bridge.  The mirrored exterior reflects the forest surroundings to blend seamlessly with the environment.  The room can accomodate two people, and contains a small double bed, bathroom, living room and roof terrace, and was opened to the public in July 2010.






If you're anything like me, I had to include a floor plan of the unit!! (it's hard for me to fully invision a space without seeing the floor plan!)
{images via Dezeen}

1 comment: